Volunteers Are Now Closed!
Thanks to everyone who has signed up, after we get things scheduled, we’ll let you know if we need more volunteers!
Calling all Gnome Initiates! Wanna volunteer at GnomeCon?
Volunteers are an integral part of making GnomeCon a great success. We graciously appreciate the effort of members of the community committing their time to contribute to our wonderful event. Coordinating volunteers can be a tricky science and to make our volunteer program a success we require a minimum of 8 hours to be committed by our volunteers.
Volunteers who agree to and complete the time requirement will be granted a free membership badge.
It is imperative that you meet with our volunteer coordinator (VC) to learn your duties, rehearse schedule, and get an idea of the floor plan. A consolidated volunteer meeting with the VC will be scheduled prior to the convention. The volunteer schedule will be posted two weeks prior to the con.
If you have any special convention skills or talents in art, registration, gophering, gaming or otherwise, we would like to know that also. Emergency cancellations are understood, but be aware changes also may create an emergency for us as well; please give us appropriate notice so we may fill your time slot. If you sign up to volunteer and shirk your duties, you will not be allowed to sign up as a volunteer again. We understand there may be games and events you do not want to miss, so we will give our volunteers the opportunity to let us know so we can schedule appropriately. As we get closer to the con we will make the necessary adjustments, please give us the courtesy of informing us of any changes in a reasonable time prior to the event.
Thank you and we could not do it without you.
Here are list of specific skills we are currently looking for:
We are looking for help prior to the convention (so please let us know if you live in the area).
We also need help:
- Setting up & taking down the convention (need muscle and good organizational skills)
- Help Set up/take down or running the art show (know basic art, can take direction)
- Help running the registration desk (know math, customer friendly, prior retail experience appreciated)
- Help finding people / runners (can be on feet for a long time, have car would be nice)
- Help running video room (know electronics & video)
- Help running events (includes people skills, finding people, organizing events)
- General Help (includes clean up, answering questions, watching vendors table when they need a break…)
Please indicate any of these skills in the ‘Skills I Can Offer box’